Sunday, December 24, 2006

More on this modelling thing...

Okay, if you haven't read the below post, go read that, coz this will make no sense otherwise.
I was thinking about this whole modeling thing some more, and realised that it's something i'd really actually like to try and do. So i started looking some stuff up on the net. Most of the sites i found let you create your own online profile/pholio. At a charge of $500 bucks. I decided they really weren't my thing. Then i found this one site called 'Allstars', great name i know.
Basically on this site, you fill out a form, either online or you can send it via snail mail, attatch a couple of photos (one a head and shoulder shot, the other a full body shot). They get back to you after about 7 work days, if they like you, they'll call you in for an interview (they're based in Melbourne) and if they don't they'll suggest some other modelling compainies you could try.
I was really interested in doing that. But a) i have no decent full body shots and b) i'd want to ask mum before i sent it off. I wasn't sure how to breech the suject to mum. Again i thought she'd just laugh. I was standing next to her in the kitchen, chopping potatoes (he he. potatoes), and i didn't know what to say!!! I was trying to make myself say something, anything!, about it but i couldn't! Then i was just like. 'Hey mum. Know how we were talking about the modelling stuff last night?' And i explained to her that i'd like to try and get into it and that i'd looked up some stuff on the net. She wasn't overly enthusiastic, but i was pretty happy with the way she reacted. I explained about the form, the photos and how if they wanted an interview we'd probably have to go to Melbourne. I said that i didn't think getting an interview was very likely, but she was like ' i dont know, you might' then she went to say something else but stopped and said that it depended on what they were looking for. She also said i should wait a while untill my skin cleared up a bit. Stoopid spots :-P
Hhhmmmm. I'm thinking of becoming a model..... coz that doesn't make me concited, or superficial or a brat or anything like that. Still. Even if it does make me those things. I still wanna give it a try.
-------------------------------------------------------
we think about forever but we've only got today

1 comment:

  1. Hey, whenever I watch shows like Americas/Australia's Next Top Model I always think to myself "hey, that could be a lot of fun" and then I think about maybe applying to Australia's NTM because the age limit is 16 and then I realise that models have to be at least 5'8". And then I get sad.

    ReplyDelete