Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Emma! The Adventures of Piggly Winks.

RE:'I guess I don't really have that much to say' by emmielou

Ruh-roh. I have to say something.
It's kind of personal in a not-so-personal way.
It's about my, are you ready? feelings.
My feelings and emotions.
The things I talk to others about least of all the possible topics of discussion.
It's just the way I am.
But here goes nothing.

Recently the original blogger on this site (emmielou, duh) wrote a blog regarding having fun. She said that she wasn't having any. She said she was constantly angry (well, not in so many words but I assume this is the case considering she wanted to smash mirrors and throw things). I had a few weeks recently where I was feeling almost the same as her, the difference being I was feeling angry.
The truth is I wasn't feeling anything.
At all.
At any stage.
For two weeks.
I'm not trying to undermine any of the feelings Emma was experiencing so I'm really sorry if that's the way I come off.
And I'm also sorry if that comes off as stuck up or condescending.
Anyway.

At one stage I was begging to feel anything even anger or dread or anxiety. Of course none of these are desirable emotions and I would've preferred to feel any of the following: happiness, excitement, pleasure (Emma, Lauren, Jacky - collectively get your minds out of the gutter), competent, adequate, cheerful, dutiful, elated, desirable, confident, energetic, free, interested, intelligent, passionate, graceful, selfless, satisfied, qualified, warm, needed, or even just slightly memorable.

Unfortunately it took a while to feel like any of those and I suppose, in a way I still don't feel completely 100% of any of those...not even the bad ones. But that's ok. I suppose now I just feel content.

So Emma, you're probably wondering why it is that I addressed this blog to you, well that's because I have to tell you just one thing:
If you're still feeling this way, which I hope you're not, all you have to do is hold on. Take the advice of the Wilson Phillips song 'Hold On' - 'Don't you know things can change? Things'll go your way, if you hold on for one more day.'
Maybe that's a bit pussy-ish but I still think you should take those words into consideration.

4 comments:

  1. love you jen.
    i know you freak out when i try and hug you
    but i only do it coz i wuv oooo.
    we need you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and also, i feel ridiculously honored to have this post dedicated to me =)
    HEARTS AND HUGS!!!

    that's right, HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:34 am

    I will only accept VIRTUAL hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unless the hugs are from me =]
    thats right. i pwn hugs.

    ReplyDelete