Monday, June 01, 2009

More things i've learnt. This one doesn't make me smile.

Every now and again, you see something that makes you think 'you know what? humanity isn't all that bad'. Like the pure awesomeness that is musicals such as Avenue Q. And yes, i think this is a very appropriate musical to mention in this post.
Then you see something that absolutely shatters these thoughts. Such as a website with the heading 'Love Gods Way'. Nothing wrong with that, however, when the sub heading of said website is CHOPS. It does make me question things when this acronym is followed with this picture:



fucktards.
If homosexuals, bisexuals, those questioning or anyone else wants to be 'changed' im sure they'll let someone know. Actually, screw that. Why should we even put the thought that they need to be changed into their head? I have heard that this website was created by a so-called comedian, but even if one or two people find this 'hilarious' i think it just hurts homosexuality in the long run.
There is nothing wrong with being attracted to someone who is the same sex as you. Or of being attracted to both sexes. I have had this rant before, and i will continue to have it as long as there are people telling me that the things i think and feel are WRONG. You can tell me you disagree with these things and i will respect your opinion, because you're not ramming your thoughts and feelings down my throat, but as soon and you tell me there's something wrong I can get rather vocal and, well, you can just shove your opinion somewhere unpleasant and please stop talking to me.
There is nothing wrong with being being homosexual! I am aware that most of the people reading this blog have had this conversation with me and know how vehement i can be on the subject, but sometimes i just need to get things out of my system. Y'all know how it is.
It just really shits me when people not only go around telling people they're just flat out wrong, but when they throw in that they should stop being who they are and be 'ordinary', another pet hate of mine.
I understand that some people aren't comfortable with homosexuality, bisexuality, trans sexuality or anything like that. And i accept this. It may be the way they've been raised, the people they know, who cares. That's how they feel and that's okay. I know, and am friends with, some people who feel this way. But they know who i am, and they don't try and repress or 'change' me, or tell me who i am is wrong. Just as i don't tell them that they should see things my way. But i do put forward my views and why i feel this way, and listen to them when they tell me why they feel the way they do. And i respect that this is how they feel.
Who i choose to date, or who i happen to fall in love with, will not be determined by that persons gender. Love is love. Why should we be assumed straight until we say otherwise?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 pm

    Here fucking here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this shits me. all that im going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant about the chops thing. not your opinions em. as you very well know, i agree vehemently.

    ReplyDelete