Monday, August 10, 2009

Well, I never.

I hadn't realised that it was OK to write about our possible mental illnesses.
Well, if that's the case - I'm going to write about what I suspect I have.
It would appear that, with 81.25% of the symptoms, I may have OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder). And no, it isn't the same as obsessive compulsive disorder.
I would tell you what it is in my own words but, to be honest, I'm not that invested in this particular blog entry. I'll just used the information provided on the site http://psychcentral.com
OCPD is a pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following: [side note: I have 6 1/2 of these symptoms]

(1) is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organisation, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost

(2) shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)

(3) is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)

(4) is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)

(5) is unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value

(6) is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things

(7) adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes

(8) shows rigidity and stubbornness

Basically, I have symptoms 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and roughly half of 6.
'How can you have half a symptom?' you may ask. Well, Let's just say I often quite enjoy working with others, however I have often found myself trying to do certain things for people in a non work environment.

Anyway, just thought I'd share information on an illness I may have.

See you later, foetus faces.

2 comments:

  1. I was once talking to a psych who said that it's hard doing it as a job because you constantly diagnose yourself with things.
    Haha number six, "is reluctant to delegate tasks...etc" is something bound to come out of working with anybody I think.
    Other symptoms I think are just common traits. I don't do psych though >.<
    I passed the bi-polar and depression quizes on beyondblue ;) Yay for me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. are they the checklist thingies??
    lol. i did the bipolar one.
    of the 21 check things?
    all but four.
    17 out of 21 = %81.
    so not as high as the ADHD percentage which is good =p

    ReplyDelete